15U: November 8 (2:30-5pm) and November 9 (6-8:30 p.m.)
16U: November 8 (6-8:30 p.m.) and November 10 (6-8:30 p.m.)
17U/18U: November 11 (6-8:30 p.m.) and November 12(6-8:30 p.m.)
CALL BACKS and MAKE UPS: Sunday, November 15 6-8pm. We will announce any/all call backs.
All Tryouts will be hosted at The Luke (6655 Pottery Road Spartanburg)
For specific questions about tryouts and/or travel teams email us at UpwardStarsQuestions@gmail.com.
12 and Under Division:
Players who were born on or after July 1, 2008
13 and Under Division:
Players who were born on or after July 1, 2007
14 and Under Division:
Players who were born on or after July 1, 2006
15 and Under Division:
Players who were born on or after July 1, 2005
16 and Under Division:
Players who were born on or after July 1, 2004
17 and Under Division:
Players who were born on or after July 1, 2003
18 and Under Division:
Players who were born on or after July 1, 2002
The Registration "Tryouts" is not currently available.
Membership Information. Click here for help/information.
· NEW-Membership Requirement: All players who plan to join a club or participate in a tryout of one or more clubs must initially purchase a “Tryout” membership ($15) BEFORE joining a club or participating in any club activity, including tryouts. Once the player commits to a club, instructions will be provided to upgrade and join the club.
· AFTER the club(s) has made you an offer and after you have committed to the club of your choice, the club will email you a membership acceptance, where you will upgrade to a full membership and associate the club you choose with your membership so you can be added to a team roster.
Multiple Club Tryout Rules
This form must be completed before attending multiple tryouts:
Once you decide on a club, you must notify all clubs within 1 hr of your decision.
· Teams/clubs may extend offers to players at anytime during the tryout window, but can not require or pressure a commitment until the signing date deadline. Once an offer is made, it may not be rescinded by the club until the end of open tryout period or until the player has communicated in writing accepting or declining the offer.
· Players have until the “decision date” to make a decision, however, players may accept an offer at any time during the “open tryout window”. After your decision, you are required to notify ALL clubs that you tried out for within 1 hour of your decision. Failure to do so can result in suspension and/or fine.
If you are trying out for multiple clubs and have finished all tryouts and received all offers, you are highly encouraged to make a decision within 48 hrs of your last offer in order to help move the process along for other families and assist Club Directors in managing team needs.
· If the Club offers tryouts AFTER the deadlines shown above these rules do not apply. Players can be added to teams at anytime during the season. Clubs can not accept team commitments before beginning of tryout dates shown above and members may NOT sign commitments to a club prior to these dates.
· Clubs are required to make a players-parent contract available to both parties at time of tryouts or before for them to review. This should be signed by all parties within 48 hrs of a commitment. Both parties are responsible for keeping a copy of this in the event of dispute during the season. Appeals will not be considered without signed contracts.
NEW: Due to Covid19, we encourage all to know the refund policy from the club in case the season is cut short.
· Club offers and communication of acceptance or decline from players must be dated and in writing, via verifiable electronic communication (e.g. email ,website database,etc). This will be required in event of dispute or complaint.
· If a player does not provide a response to club(s) by the deadline dates above, the club is NOT required to hold a spot past the deadline.
· Clubs who extend a greater number of offers than there are open positions on a team, and subsequently indicating that those limited number of open positions will be filled on a first- come-first-serve basis, is not in the spirit of this rule and is therefore a violation.
Upon conclusion of the “Open Tryout Period”, offers and commitments may take place with no expectation of a grace period or requirements of rules above.